Life was good before! Life is chaos now! In the moment of having what was, the freedom to move and do what you want is what you look to regain. It’s no secret of what we’re seeing in the news, the hourly updates on our current state of emergency it’s hard to know what is next.
One of the truths that isn’t recognized until it’s too late is, “You can never go back”. We can only take each day in the moment in every season of life, even the tough ones. A topic that is constantly being brought up surrounding the Coronavirus is social distancing.
So what is social distancing?
“Social distancing is a set of nonpharmaceutical infection control actions intended to stop or slow down the spread of a contagious disease.”
Does it work?
The short answer, yes. “Social distancing works. As China, South Korea and other countries have demonstrated, it is possible to slow the spread of the virus and limit how many people are infected at one time.” – Ezekiel J. Emanuel, Susan Ellenberg and
What can we expect when Americans slowly emerge from their homes? Like much about this novel virus, we don’t know for sure.
The real question – Is Social Distancing here to stay?
You, me, everyone spends an incredible amount of energy in regaining what was lost. Even if it’s for the next few months, the only way to survive is to adapt!
We recognize there is a great rift happening in our economy currently. Businesses are forced to shut down. People have been laid off or their hours have been slashed. Countless individuals are facing the aftermath of a global pandemic.
For those businesses that can remain open, social distancing is the practice of the day.
You all know the guidelines that have been put out by the CDC:
- Wash your hands for a minimum of 20 seconds
- Don’t touch your face, mouth or eyes
- Cough into your sleeve
- DO NOT SHAKE HANDS
- Bump fists
- Bump elbows
- Less than 10 People
- Stay a minimum of 6 feet away
How to Quickly adapt?
- Sterilize keyboards and desks
- Wear disposable gloves to touch public surfaces like gas Pumps, ATM’s or public doors
- GO DIGITAL- Virtual Meetings, FaceTime, Video Email or Text
- Shop from home from groceries to hardware and delivery is often free
- Sterilize the exterior and interior of your front door
Resources for the sick leave
- The New Sick Leave Laws Doesn’t Help The Workers That Need it Most
- Here’s What Is In The ‘Families First’ Coronavirus Aid Package Trump Approved
- Congress Passed A Major Coronavirus Aid Bill And Is Already Working On Another
- SBA Relief: Coronavirus (COVID-19): Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources