Relationships are so important in and outside of business. Here are 5 key components of cultivating effective relationships:
- Be Genuine The best way to express a genuine interest is to ask real questions. Avoid small talk and ask questions that show you are paying attention to who they are, what they care about and what they are working on.
- Accept Differences. We are all different and perceive the world in many ways. We feel more comfortable when we feel that people “get” us and can see our point of view.
- Be open and share when the time is right. Good relationship show they are sharing the feelings of the other by mirroring emotions of the person speaking. Sharing excitement, joy, sorrow, frustration, and disappointment helps connect us to others.
- Communicate. Never assume that the other person has understood the message we are trying to get across be clear and make sure you are understood.
- Consistency is key. When you have a consistent behavior it builds a foundation of trust
Brought to you by Visions to Excellence
Connect with us!